Book your summer trip now or check out the offers below.
In June, Parents Magazine described Washington, DC as a “mecca of freeness.” Indeed, the nation's capital is a destination that gets high marks for free, family-friendly activities, but wallet-friendly vacations (and business trips) are sweetened with hotel room deals and value-adding packages. Here’s an overview of some of the deals, discounts and specials that can be found throughout the city this summer:
- “DC Cool Kids Package” at the Palomar Washington, DC a Kimpton Hotel – Packages start at just $149 a night and with it comes a DC Cool Kids Activity Guide and $25 in credit per day towards parking or dining. The kicker is house made ice cream sandwiches from in-house Urbana, an acclaimed restaurant serving flavorful Western Mediterranean cuisine.
- “Dine and Dash around Dupont Circle” at The Embassy Row Hotel - Package includes $50 dining credit (provided in a Visa gift card), two one-day Metro passes, continental breakfast for two each morning, and complimentary Wi-Fi. For the DC Cool Kids: Splash around in the hotel’s newly designed rooftop pool. Rates from $189 per night (double occupancy).
- “Romance or Retreat” at The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel - Package includes a bottle of Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries, $50 in-room dining credit, unlimited in-room movies. Rates from $199 per night (double occupancy).
- “Washington DC Sightseeing Tour Vacation Package” at Comfort Inn & Suites near Union Station - Package includes choice of DC sightseeing tour, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary scheduled shuttle service to Union Station, a meal voucher for restaurants in the Union Station food court (one per person, per day). Rates from $222 per night (double occupancy).
- The Dupont Circle Hotel - Advance purchase three days out, save 10%. Located in the heart of Dupont Circle, this hotel offers urban chic rooms and a European-style cafe on its terrace. Head indoors at Bar Dupont for prime people-watching before getting out into the neighborhood yourself. Rates from $144 per night (double occupancy).
- Residence Inn by Marriott Washington DC/Capitol - Stay three or more nights, save 10%. Stay a while and save at this family-friendly hotel stationed just a half-mile away from the Smithsonian Institution museums, monument and memorials and the U.S. Capitol Building. DC Cool Kids feature: The hotel includes an indoor pool and spa and a sundeck. Rates from $159 per night (double occupancy).
- Beacon Hotel and Corporate Quarters - 25% off when you book 14 days in advance. The boutique hotel is located near Dupont Circle shops and the White House, and it hosts a famed all-you-can-eat brunch buffet on Sundays (with bottomless mimosas or bloody marys). Rates from $127 per night (double occupancy).
- Best Western Georgetown Hotel and Suites - Save 12% on all stays. The all-suite boutique nature of the Best Western Georgetown Hotel and Suites makes a trip for the whole family fun and affordable. Deluxe continental breakfast is included with every booking. Rates from $110 per night (double occupancy).
- St. Gregory Luxury Hotel and Suites - 25% off at when you book 14 days in advance. Situated in West End, near Dupont Circle and Georgetown, the St. Gregory boasts a life-size statue of the original blonde bombshell, Marilyn Monroe. Rates from $127 per night (double occupancy).
- The Jefferson Hotel - Take 20% off the best available rate, and have some fun with the hotel’s official in-house historian, and a cartoon Tommy based on the hotel’s namesake: Thomas Jefferson.
- W Washington DC - The closest hotel to the White House offers two tickets to the rooftop fireworks viewing party and overnight parking.
- The Mandarin Oriental Washington DC - A July 4th offer. Receive a star-spangled amenity and in-room views from the luxury property located along the Southwest waterfront.
- The Hay-Adams Hotel - Enjoy a three-course dinner for two with wine and open bar at the lobby level. The historic hotel is across Lafayette Park from the White House. This experience is limited to hotel guests only.
- Park Hyatt Washington - In celebration of the spirit of American excellence that pervades the Park Hyatt Washington, the luxury West End property has dedicated a “Made in the USA” suite, inspired in part by the blockbuster exhibition at the nearby Phillips Collection. Guests are welcome to book the suite, decorated with artisanal crafts by American artists (available for purchase) in a package that includes amenities such as a pair of tickets to the exhibition and breakfast for two at Blue Duck Tavern, a seasonally-driven fine dining restaurant.
- Ritz-Carlton Washington DC - Overnight Deluxe or One-Bedroom Suite Accommodations. Special Ritz Kids amenities including VIK (Very Important Kid) check-in, a newsletter featuring kid's activities, and a special stuffed lion animal at turn down. Ritz Kids backpack filled with fun Zoo and Wizard of Oz themed activities and souveniers. Smithsonian's National Zoo Scavenger Hunt. Trio of Lion, Tiger, and Panda Bear cupcakes. Full American breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children in the hotel's restaurant or through in-room dining. Complimentary in-house movie, complimentary internet, complimentary rollaway, and overnight valet parking.
- American Guest House - $40 off room rate or a bottle of Moet champagne.
- Georgetown Suites - Rate includes complimentary breakfast daily, free wireless internet, and free parking for one car. Are you a DC Cool Kid? Get a one bedroom suite so you can have a separate sleeping area from your parents with your own TV!
- Hyatt Regency Washington - Summer Sale! Save 10% when you stay 2 nights, 15% when you stay 3 nights and 20% when you stay 4 or more nights
- Grand Hyatt Washington - Summer Sale! Save 10% when you stay 2 nights, 15% when you stay 3 nights and 20% when you stay 4 or more nights
- Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda - "DC Sightseeing Package" - Package includes two 24 hour Adult tickets for Big Bus Hop On/Off Tour bus, two all day Metro passes, hot breakfast buffet for 2 adults (kids under 12 eat free), complimentary WIFI, and welcome amenity at check-in. Rates from $159 per night (double occupancy).
- Days Inn Washington DC - Connecticut Avenue - Zoo Panda Package - Enjoy luxurious accommodations at the hotel, discounted parking, complimentary WIFI, and a National Zoo gift bag.
- Hilton Garden Inn U.S. Capitol - Package includes parking, two $5 Metro passes, full American Breakfast for two, and complimentary internet.
Arts-rich Washington, DC is also inspiration for culturally themed hotel packages:
- Kimpton’s Dupont Circle property, Hotel Palomar has a Phillips Collection package inspired by “Made in the USA.” Among the guest amenities: two tickets to the exhibition, desserts for two at Urbana, and an artist’s sketch pad and pencils.
- In celebration of the spirit of American excellence that pervades the Park Hyatt Washington, the luxury West End property has dedicated a “Made in the USA” suite, inspired in part by the blockbuster exhibition at the nearby Phillips Collection. Guests are welcome to book the suite, decorated with artisanal crafts by American artists (available for purchase) in a package that includes amenities such as a pair of tickets to the exhibition and breakfast for two at Blue Duck Tavern, a seasonally-driven fine dining restaurant.
- What’s black and white and cute all over? Giant panda baby Bao Bao, currently on display daily with her proud mama Mei Xiang at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo. We’re entranced by the baby’s roly-poly antics, but nothing beats enjoying her in person. Several District hotels have created panda-themed, family-friendly packages designed to underline the family fun in Rock Creek Park, including: Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown; the Ritz-Carlton Washington DC and the Beacon Hotel and Corporate Quarters.
Explore more summer hotel offers here.