In response to safety, security and preservation requirements, the Capitol Police and the Department of Motor Vehicles have recently enacted new regulations that cover permitting and traffic flow for motorcoaches.
Motorcoaches are precluded from traveling within certain locations on and around the grounds of the U.S. Capitol and utilizing many of the residential streets in the Capitol Hill Historic District. Motorcoach operators are also required to obtain permits for operation in the District. For up-to-date information on all motorcoach news, information and regulations, visit GoDCGo.com. For additional resources, visit the links below:
- Motorcoach Guide to Washington, DC webpage
- District Department of Transportation's Motorcoach Guide to Washington, DC (PDF)
- Tour Bus Permits
- Motorcoach Parking and Drop-Off/Pick-Up Locations (PDF)
- Bus Parking Map
- Capitol Hill Tour Bus Routes
- Capitol Hill Bus Restrictions Map (PDF)
- District Department of Transportation Live Traffic Reports
- Driver Recognition Program
- Sightseeing Tour Companies and Guides (PDF)
Some of these files are in PDF Format. To view them, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Click here to download this software for your device.