Date Nights DC Woos Visitors with Deals, Discounts, Hotel Packages
WASHINGTON – For the fifth consecutive year, Destination DC, the official marketing and tourism agency for the nation’s capital, presents Date Nights DC, a marketing campaign offering deals, discounts and inspiration for February travel to Washington, DC. The six-week campaign runs Jan. 15-March 2, traditionally a quieter season for leisure visitation in Washington, DC. The campaign targets consumers within a 200-mile radius by underlining the value of the District’s romantic hotels, restaurants, moonlit monuments, theaters and museums, as well as under-the-radar experiences that create memorable wintertime getaways. The campaign underlines Destination DC’s mission to drive visitation to the city.
For 2014, Destination DC, a member organization, has compiled the largest number of member-generated deals to date: 58, including 25 romantic hotel packages. Additionally, six unique Date Nights DC deals from area hotels will be promoted exclusively over five weeks by LivingSocial to 15 million of their email subscribers starting Wednesday, January 15, 2014. These properties include the Carlyle Suites Hotel, Courtyard Embassy Row and Savoy Suites Hotel in the District; Bethesda Marriott in nearby Maryland as well as the Sheraton Pentagon City and Sheraton Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, Virginia. This is the third consecutive year that Destination DC and DC-based LivingSocial have partnered to promote Date Nights DC.
The complete list of Date Nights DC deals will be displayed on Datenightsdc.org, a dedicated microsite, as well as on Destination DC’s website: Washington.org. Additionally, the sites will display information such as the 28 Most Romantic Places in DC (helpful for anyone popping the question), videos from DC insiders as well as 100 original Date Night DC itineraries designed to appeal to travelers looking for a concierge-style experience. Washington, DC was named the “Gayest City in America” by The Advocate in January, 2014, and many itineraries are designed to appeal directly to LGBT couples.
“Our annual Date Nights DC campaign shows off some of the many ways to have a great couples’ getaway in the city,” says Elliott L. Ferguson, president and CEO of Destination DC. “Both Yahoo Travel and Forbes.com have named Washington as one of the United States’ top ten most unexpectedly romantic cities, and this promotion invites consumers to be spontaneous: book a package on a Thursday; pack up and come to DC on Friday.”
Upwards of 58 Destination DC member-businesses have embraced the playful theme and have created unique packages to encourage consumers to embrace a mid-winter getaway in Washington, DC. Among the unique and money-saving options:
• Take It Off for Love woos guests at 10 Washington-area Kimpton hotels with rates to inspire longer stays. Customers who book this packages at The George, Hotel Helix, Hotel Madera, Hotel Palomar Washington DC, Hotel Rouge, Lorien Hotel and Spa, Monaco Alexandria, Monaco DC, Morrison House and Topaz Hotel get 10% off a single night, 15% off a two-night and 20% off a three-night stay any Thursday-Sundays night stays through March 2, 2014. Rates start at $125/night.
• Hot Nights and City Lights engages patrons who mention Date Nights DC at several establishments in trendy Adams Morgan including Jack Rose Dining Saloon and Lunar Massage with discounts.
• A Grand Date at a Grand Estate invites couples to privately tour Tudor Place, the 5.5-acre historic Georgetown mansion and garden, together.
• Love on the Range offers sporty couples a two-person private lesson and a bucket of balls at the driving range at Golf DC for $99.
• Two-for-One Tickets to the Theatre treats Ford’s Theatre patrons who mention Date Nights DC to two-for-one orchestra tickets to Violet, a tale of love and hope.
• Transport to Romance drives memory-making evenings with car services that can be tailored to include flowers, chocolates, even Champagne with Executive Signature Services.
The 2014 Date Nights DC campaign targets markets within a three-hour drive of the nation’s capital, placing particular emphasis on Richmond, VA and Philadelphia, PA, markets that deliver many top spending travelers to Washington, DC.
The 2014 Date Nights DC campaign was created in consultation with MDB Communications, the creative agency of record for Destination DC.
“In 2014, the Date Nights DC packages represent a mix of exceptional hotels, sporty adventures, fine dining and off-beat cultural excursions, making it an ideal opportunity to continue showcasing DC’s cool side in our advertising,” says Robin McClain, vice president of marketing and communications at Destination DC. “The Date Nights DC print and video materials are a direct extension of DC Cool (DCcool.com), our yearlong campaign highlighting Washington’s lesser known experiences. We want to engage everyone to live like a local and experience the city’s dynamic spirit.”
For a complete list of packages and hotel deals, visit Datenightsdc.org.
About Destination DC
Destination DC, the lead destination marketing organization for the nation’s capital, is a private, non-profit membership organization of more than 800 businesses committed to marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historic communities. Washington.org