You are here
Free Community Day: December
From: 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM
The first Sunday of the month is Community Day at NMWA!
Visit us on Community Day for FREE admission to the museumtake this opportunity to explore our current exhibitions, permanent collection, and events.
WHATS ON VIEW:
- Judy ChicagoThe End: A Meditation on Death and Extinction showcases feminist icon Judy Chicagos newest works, which reflect on the artists own death and the death of entire species.
- Live Dangerously celebrates women claiming their natural environments through dreamy and witty photographs, including all of Janaina Tschäpes 100 Little Deaths (19962002).
- Women Artists of the Dutch Golden Age explores the lives and works of several highly successful artists in the Netherlands during the 17th and early 18th centuries.
- Betsabeé Romero: Signals of a Long Road Together is the latest installation in NMWAs public art series, the New York Avenue Sculpture Project.
- 1 p.m.Fierce Women is a fun, free tour highlighting women who thumbed their noses at the limited roles society accorded them, and blazed a trail as artists, activists, and innovators.
Photo caption: Visitors look at Kiki Kogelnik's "Superwoman"; Photo: Laura Hoffman, NMWA