You are here
Find out where DC has been in the news this month.
Recent stories we’ve pitched
IPW 2017 in DC was covered by both national and international publications. Domestically, Capital Pride and DC hotels made news. Internationally, China MICE publications spotlighted the District.
IPW 2017 Coverage
DC’s hosting of the premier travel conference with record journalist attendance generated a wealth of coverage both domestically and internationally. Initial results included:
- Clarin.com (Argentina), How was America’s largest tourism fair in the Trump era
- Travel Inside (Switzerland), Directly from IPW in Washington: US tourism is fighting hard
- Tour Hebdo (France), IPW 2017: The United States hopes to reassure
- Philippine Star (Philippines), The Capital of Cool
- Washington Business Journal, DC area in sales overdrive as it hosts international tourism meeting for first time and DC mayor welcomes massive international travel conference with a personal touch
- BizBash, A Look Inside the Largest U.S Travel Conference to Date
Stephanie Kanowitz details how area hotels are emphasizing fitness in this syndicated column.
The Washington Post, May 31: Hotels put bigger focus on fitness with in-room equipment
Elite Traveler, a magazine featured on private jets, published its own guide to the District.
Elite Traveler, May/June 2017 Issue: Guide to Washington, DC
Out Magazine featured a guide to Capital Pride in DC.
Out Magazine, June 10: A Guide to Capital Pride in Washington D.C.
DC was highlighted in the June issue of China Traveler Magazine, which has a circulation of 338,000. Its readers rank among the highest net worth Chinese-speaking travelers.
China Traveler Magazine, June Issue
Meetings and Conventions China also focused on DC. The magazine has a circulation of 10,000 and targets a quality audience of meeting professionals.
Meetings and Conventions China, June Issue
Check out the full Destination DC Member eNews to learn more about what's going on this month.