You are here
Find out where DC has been in the news this month.
- Spread of Coronavirus Could Cost DC Millions in Tourism Dollars, NBC Washington
- Coronavirus fears change art of shaking hands in US capital, Associated Press
- Cherry trees’ peak bloom expected March 27; festival organizers monitor coronavirus, The Washington Post
- Tourism skid expected in DC due to coronavirus, WTOP
- "One day at a time": DC's convention center takes precautions amid coronavirus concerns, WJLA
- Here's How Bad The Coronavirus Could Be For American Hotels, Bisnow
• • •
Ben’s Chili Bowl graces the cover of Hemispheres as part of the United Airlines inflight magazine piece on DC featuring several neighborhoods, hotels and attractions.
Hemispheres, March 2020: Three Perfect Days – Washington, DC
Both Planet Word and the National Children’s Museum were covered in Architectural Digest on new, design-forward museums.
Architectural Digest, Feb. 10: Inside the Leading Design-Forward Museums Opening This Year
DC and its wide variety of suffrage-related exhibits and programming received coverage in this New York Times piece.
The New York Times, Feb. 11: Where to Celebrate Women’s Rights This Year
Robb Report ran this profile of the new Riggs Washington DC, a DDC member.
Robb Report, Feb. 21: Washington DC’s Newest Luxury Hotel Was Once the ‘Bank of Presidents’
• • •
Washington, DC stars in a cover story in Ronda, Iberia Airlines’ inflight magazine, in advance of a new nonstop flight from Madrid to Dulles that begins in May.
Ronda, March 2020: Explore Washington, DC
Brussels Airlines’ inflight magazine did an extensive feature on DC’s speakeasies tied to the 100th anniversary of prohibition.
B Inspired Party like it’s prohibition, March 2020
German publication L-Mag highlighted DC in a feature article that mentioned the annual Capital Pride celebration.
L-Mag, February 2019: Let’s have a beer in DC
Israeli publication Walla! discussed prime attractions like CityCenterDC, the National Museum of African American History and Culture and Mi Vida.
Walla!, February 2019: Winter in Washington: National Monument, Spies and Oprah Winfrey
Travel Daily UK focused on the region’s celebration of the women’s suffrage centennial and included mentions of members such as Hotel Zena and the Library of Congress.
Travel Daily UK, Feb. 5: Capital Region tourism industry celebrates two centuries of women’s suffrage
• • •
American Experience Foundation Coverage
- DC high school students shadow a chef, learn the ropes of the restaurant industry, WJLA
- Backyard Bound Field Trip, NBC4
- Photo feature on American Experience Foundation Member Volleyball Tournament, USAE
• • •
DC’s selection as a host for preliminary rounds of American Ninja Warrior received coverage.
Sports Travel Magazine, Jan. 23: Three Cities Chosen for “American Ninja Warrior” Season