In response to safety, security and preservation requirements, the Capitol Police and the Department of Motor Vehicles have recently enacted new regulations that cover permitting and traffic flow for motorcoaches.
Motorcoaches are precluded from traveling within certain locations on and around the grounds of the U.S. Capitol and utilizing many of the residential streets in the Capitol Hill Historic District. Motorcoach operators are also required to obtain permits for operation in the District. For up-to-date information on all motorcoach rules, regulations, permits and information, visit GoDCGo.com.
For additional resources, view the following links:
- Motorcoach Guide to Washington, DC webpage
- District Department of Transportation's Motorcoach Guide to Washington, DC (PDF)
- Tour Bus Permits
- Curbside Bus Parking Spaces (PDF)
- Bus Parking Map
- Capitol Hill Tour Bus Routes
- Capitol Grounds Map (PDF)
- District Department of Transportation Live Traffic Reports
- Driver Recognition Program
- Sightseeing Tour Companies and Guides (PDF)
Some of these files are in PDF Format. To view them, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Click here to download this software for your device.