Destination DC / American Airlines
DC’s Grand Prize Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.Tax implications apply on all items.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the American Airlines Destination DC Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all citizens of the United States eighteen (18) years of age or older. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Eastern Time (ET). Employees or agents of Destination DC (“DDC”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, and the members of their immediate families or those persons living in the same household of such individuals are ineligible to enter or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Destination DC at 901 7th Street NW, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20001-3719 (“Sponsor” or “DDC”).
- Sweepstakes Term. The Sweepstakes will begin at Monday, March 4, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. and end on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 11:59 p.m (the “Sweepstakes Term”). The winner(s) will be selected and announced Wednesday, March 20th. Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How To Enter. You may enter the contest by submitting the information detailed in the online entry form. All required fields must be completed. The winner will be selected at random by DDC staff. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor and Administrator or those directed by Sponsor.
- Limit: One entry per person. Multiple entries will not increase the odds of winning. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for incomplete, lost, damaged, forged, stolen, postage due, late, undeliverable, misdirected, illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with Sponsor or Administrator. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor and Administrator in their sole discretion, and Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- Prize Drawing. One (1) Grand Prize Winners will be selected by DDC staff, from among all eligible entries received. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The potential winners will be notified via phone and/or email on March 20th. Where permitted by law, the potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within three (3) business days of the date the notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity in order to claim their prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize, unless prohibited by law. Where permissible by law, persons traveling as guest of a Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release as well as their agreement to be bound by these Official Rules prior to ticketing of prize. Receipt of a prize by a potential winner is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements described herein. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules after prize notification. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing held by Administrator from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Term.
- Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize winners will receive: two (2) round-trip American Airlines tickets to DC, three (3) night stay at the Mandarin Oriental Washington DC, $500 in American Express gift cards, Chef’s tasting dinner for two at Charlie Palmer Steak. One (1) Signed copy of “Cooking with Love: Comfort Food that Hugs You” by Carla Hall, Two (2) packages of Alchemy by Carla Hall coockies. Two (2) Old Town Trolley Tickets. Two (2) tickets to the Crime Museum. Odds of winning depend on number of entries..
- Release. By receipt of any prize, winners and their guests agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Administrator, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers and their respective parent companies and such companies’ officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and Administrator’s and their agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Participation. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator. If the potential winner declines the prize, fails to claim the prize, is unavailable for prize fulfillment, fails to abide by the Official Rules, or is ineligible, Sponsor and Administrator may randomly select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any non-intentional, incorrect or inaccurate information associated with this Sweepstakes or for any technical or human error that may occur in the administration of this Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Each winner releases Sponsor and Administrator and their affiliated companies from any claims, costs, expenses or liability incurred by winner in connection with this Sweepstakes or winner’s acceptance and use of the prize, including any travel related thereto. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor and Administrator, at their discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the District of Columbia Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, Sponsor or Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- PRIZE DETAILS. One (1) Grand Prize includes two (2) Roundtrip Coach Class Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “Travel Certificate”) on American Airlines or their Airline Associates (American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carriers from any city served by American Airlines or their Airline Associates in the 48 contiguous United States to the North American destination of winner’s choice. (Includes 48 contiguous United States, Caribbean, Bahamas, Canada or Mexico.) The approximate retail value (ARV) is $750.00 per Travel Certificate for a total $1,500.00 per prize (or Grand Prize). Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city and their place of residence. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, all insurance, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the Travel Certificates. Embargo dates and other restrictions may apply and are subject to change. Prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable; provided no such substitute prize shall be from American without its prior written consent.
Total Prize Value is appoximately $4500
AMERICAN AIRLINES TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATE TERMS: Each Travel Certificate may be used to purchase air travel wholly on American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel Certificates are redeemable for air travel sold and originating in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States. Travel Certificates are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Travel Certificates will not be replaced. Travel Certificates have no implied warranties and are not credit or debit cards. Travel Certificate redemption is based on availability at the time of reservation, and must adhere to applicable embargoed dates. Each Travel Certificate is valid for one (1) year from the date issued. Expiration date cannot be extended. Travel using Travel Certificates does not qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage credit or elite status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. American Airlines is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. American Airlines reserves the right to revise the Travel Certificate rules and conditions at any time without notice.
AMERICAN AIRLINES TRAVEL TERMS. Travel for the Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion(s) must take place within one (1) year from the date the Travel Certificates are issued. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to travel by this date, the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel must originate and end at the airport nearest the Grand Prize winner’s home that is served by American Airlines or their Airline Associates. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Winner’s guests must be 18 years of age or older if not a member of winner’s immediate family and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (which must also be signed by such guest’s parent or legal guardian, if minor) prior to travel. The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion(s) must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Schedules subject to change without notice.
American Airlines, Inc.; 4333 Amon Carter Blvd.,Fort. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carriers are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines. AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. or Trans States Airlines, Inc., each of which is an unaffiliated independent contractor.
AAdvantage, AmericanAirlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection are marks of American Airlines, Inc.