1) Make sure your voice is on-key for the Monday-night Showtunes Sing-a-Long at JR's Bar and Grill. Entry is free, and pints are just $3 from 9 p.m. to closing.
2) Head over to the up-and-coming Atlas District in Northeast DC. Pop into H Street Country Club and enjoy a game of Skee-Ball or indoor mini golf.
3) Catch some rays on sunny days in Rock Creek Park. The grassy “P Street Beach” (P and 17th Streets NW) is a popular spot for picnickers.
4) Grab your cowboy boots and hit Remingtons for free country dancing lessons Fridays at 9 p.m. Visit the bar at 10 p.m. on the third Friday of alternating months to catch the DC Cowboys kick up their heels during a high-energy performance.
5) Find friendly faces and a half-price menu on "M is for Mondays" at the Duplex Diner at 18th and U in Adams Morgan. Margaritas, Merlot, mussels, meatloaf, and mac and cheese are all 50-percent off before 10 p.m.
6) Don’t want to stray from your workout routine? Join DC Front Runners, a running, walking and social club that meets at 9:30 a.m. on Saturdays at 23rd and P Streets for a brisk walk, or 10 a.m. for a fun run followed by socializing.
7) At Logan Circle’s Number Nine, happy-hour drinks are two-for-one (5 p.m.-9 p.m.) whether you order a $6 beer or a fancy $11 berry mojito.
8) Hang with a predominantly African American crowd at The Fireplace. On Wednesdays, rail drinks and domestic beer are $3 all day and night.
9) The oldest continually operating lesbian bar in the U.S., Phase 1 hosts karaoke, Jello wrestling and drag-king shows with few cover charges.
10) Grab some friends and watch a sporting event at Nellie's, DC's first gay sports bar. Wednesday-night trivia is especially popular, so get there early.