There are hundreds of reasons why Washington, DC is an ideal destination. Here are just 10 of many powerful reasons to plan your next gathering right here.
1. A MUST-SEE CITY: One of the world’s most talked-about destinations, DC attracts nearly 18 million visitors each year. People come from around the world to see all that the nation’s capital has to offer. And in fact, many associations, corporations and travel planners report record-high attendance for their DC meetings and group tours.
2. UNMATCHED SERVICE: From registration and reservation services to lead distribution, Destination DC’s team of convention and tourism sales and services professionals deliver powerful support to make your gathering a success.
3. AWESOME ACCOMMODATIONS: DC’s award-winning hotels are as well-known for their attentive service as for their must-have amenities. With nearly 30,000 hotel rooms in the city, there’s a style and price point for every visitor.
4. AN ACCESSIBLE CITY: With three airports, a convenient Metro system and plenty of pedestrian-friendly sidewalks, DC is easy to get to and around.
5. A GREEN CAPITAL: Green is the new red, white and blue these days in DC. Hotels, restaurants and attractions are taking new steps to show their environmental awareness.
6. UNIQUE VENUES DC: is home to special event venues that are so why DC? spectacular they need no decoration. Perfect for private dinner parties, receptions and other group gatherings, we offer a host of venues that will give your guests something to talk about.
7. UNRIVALED ACCESS: In DC, your clients will enjoy access to leaders in politics, media, research and industry, plus dozens of colleges and universities with the potential to boost attendance. Tap in to these DC resources to tempt your clients with an experience they can’t find anywhere else.
8. WALLET-FRIENDLY ATTRACTIONS: There’s no place that matches the assortment and quality of fantastic free attractions that await you in DC, from the magnificent memorials and monuments on the National Mall to must-see sites like the National Gallery of Art, the Library of Congress and the museums of the Smithsonian Institution. In 2011, Travel & Leisure named DC the #1 U.S. destination for museums and galleries.
9. AN INTERNATIONAL CITY DC: A true global village, DC is home to people of all different cultures, plus more than 150 embassies and international cultural centers.
10. A CITY THAT CELEBRATES: Festivals, special events, citywide conventions and star-studded galas are always on the calendar in DC, giving your attendees opportunities to participate in their own headline-making events.