You are here
Find out where DC has been in the news this month.
“DC is Open” Coverage
- Visiting D.C. During the Government Shutdown? Here’s What You Need to Know, Condé Nast Traveler
- The shutdown hasn’t shut down D.C., CNN Travel
- Shutdown is an unwelcome reminder of the D.C. region’s vulnerability to federal dysfunction, The Washington Post (Elliott Ferguson quoted)
- Despite Government Shutdown, Washington, D.C. Is Open For Business, TSNN
- ‘D.C. is open for business’, The Washington Post
- How the government shutdown affects museums, TheGuardian.com
- The Many Travel Related Ramifications of the Government Shutdown, Travel Pulse
- Destination DC’s Elliott Ferguson on the Government Shutdown and D.C. Happenings, Meetings Today (Elliott Ferguson featured)
- Despite shutdown, plenty to do in D.C., Travel Weekly
- Destination DC CEO: Washington, D.C., Is Very Open for Business Despite Government Shutdown, Meeting Professionals International
• • •
Greenwich Magazine did a deep dive into city neighborhoods, including Shaw and Adams Morgan in DC.
Greenwich Magazine, Jan. 1: Beyond City Limits
Conrad Washington, D.C. was featured in this Forbes preview of exciting 2019 hotel openings all over the world.
Forbes, Jan. 17: 17 Most Anticipated Hotel Openings Of 2019
• • •
In advance of Alitalia’s nonstop service from Rome to Dulles beginning in May 2019, DDC secured coverage in the January issue of the airline’s in-flight magazine, Ulisse. Members mentioned include the National Law Enforcement Museum, Eaton DC, District Winery, The Watergate Hotel and the National Museum of Women in the Arts, among others.
Ulisse, January 2019: Washington DC: Potente, Monumentale, Poliedrica (translation: Powerful, Monumental, Diverse)
Get Lost Magazine, an Australian publication, did a deep dive into Shaw, one of DC’s emerging neighborhoods. Members mentioned include Espita Mezcaleria and Dacha Beer Garden.
Get Lost Magazine, January 2019: Like A Local Insider Guide: A Shaw Thing
• • •
Northstar Meetings Group published a comprehensive rundown of the many meeting options for groups in DC.
Northstar Meetings Group, January 2019: Destination Guides: Washington, D.C.
Ron Bernthal of Global Traveler showcased many of the already existing (and upcoming) interesting meeting options in the District.
Global Traveler, Jan. 1: Dynamic D.C.
Association Meetings International published an article on DC’s efforts in the sustainability sector. DDC president and CEO Elliott Ferguson was quoted.
Association Meetings International, Jan. 18: Washington DC sets sights on sustainability sector
Check out the full Destination DC Member eNews to learn more about what's going on this month.