You are here
Find out where DC has been in the news this month.
Recent stories we’ve pitched
Washington, DC’s record 20 million domestic visitors in 2016 was covered widely through local, national and international publications. DC was also featured in the cover stories of two leading UK publications.
Coverage of Record-Breaking Domestic Visitation (Domestic & International)
- Associated Press, May 9: DC draws 20 million domestic tourists in year for 1st time
- Washington Business Journal, May 9: D.C. breaks another domestic tourism record
- China’s World Journal, May 9: Washington, DC tourism reached record high again: annual spending $7.3 billion
- The Washington Post, May 12: The nation’s capital sets another tourism record
- USAE, May 15: Destination DC Holds Rally for Travel and Tourism Week
Jeff Clabaugh of WTOP discusses Otakon, a large anime convention coming to DC this summer.
WTOP, May 10: Massive anime convention Otakon comes to DC this summer
UK publication Selling Travel featured Washington, DC and the Capital Region in its cover story for the May issue. Selling Travel is the UK’s leading monthly travel trade magazine.
Selling Travel, May Issue: Venture Capital
Another UK publication, Business Traveler, featured DC in the cover story for the May issue. The publication is the UK’s leading magazine for the frequent business traveler, with a circulation of approximately 66,000.
Business Traveler, May Issue: Beyond politics
Check out the full Destination DC Member eNews to learn more about what's going on this month.