DDC has launched the 2022 DEI Business Fellowship to support small businesses in the local travel and tourism industry owned by people of color, LGBTQ+ persons, women, disabled persons and their allies.
This program offers complimentary marketing, mentorship, education and networking opportunities during the 2022 calendar year to help sustain and grow your businesses, specifically by reaching business and leisure travelers.
- Complimentary membership for calendar year 2022 (value: $1,050).
- Full suite of member benefits (except print publication listings).
- Dedicated account manager.
- Two tickets to the 2022 Marketing Outlook Meeting (value: $95 each).
- Content inclusion on washington.org and the DEI District as appropriate.
- Five exclusive sessions with DDC’s specialists from all departments.
- Annual return on investment report.
- Independently owned small businesses in the travel and tourism industry with annual revenue less than $10 million and/or fewer than 50 employees. Majority ownership should be a person from a minority group.
- Other businesses that have significant DEI programs will be considered.
- Excluded businesses are any type of accommodation, airline, or cruise line.
- Minimum of one (1) year in business.
- Registered to conduct business in DC, MD or VA.
- Former members in the last three (3) years are not eligible.
- Must comply with terms and conditions.
Timeline & Application
- Nov. 4, 2021 – Applications open (apply here)
- Nov. 16, 2021 – 1st information session from 2-3 p.m.
- Dec. 7, 2021 – 2nd information session from 2-3 p.m.
- Dec. 8-10, 2021 – Virtual application assistance open house from 3-5 p.m.
- Dec. 10, 2021 – Applications due by 5 p.m.
- Dec. 22, 2021 – Notification of awardees
- Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2022 – Fellowship period
- Dec. 1, 2022 – Dues commitment for 2023 ($1,050/year) or termination
Applications will be reviewed while considering the viability of the business model and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as part of the selection process. The deadline to apply is Dec. 10. Selected businesses will be notified by Dec. 22.