DDC launched the 2022 DEI Business Fellowship to support small businesses in the local travel and tourism industry owned by people of color, LGBTQ+ persons, women, persons with disabilities and their allies.
This program offers complimentary marketing, mentorship, education and networking opportunities to help sustain and grow your businesses, specifically by reaching business and leisure travelers.
If interested in applying for the 2024 cohort, please look for the application in Fall 2023.
- Complimentary membership for 1 calendar year (value: $1,050).
- Full suite of member benefits (except print publication listings).
- Dedicated account manager.
- Two tickets to the annual Marketing Outlook Meeting (value: $95 each).
- Content inclusion on washington.org and the DEI District as appropriate.
- Engagement with each of DDC’s departments.
- Annual return on investment report.
- Independently owned small businesses in the travel and tourism industry with annual revenue less than $10 million and/or fewer than 50 employees. Majority ownership should be a person from a minority group.
- Other businesses that have significant DEI programs will be considered.
- Excluded businesses are any type of accommodation, airline, or cruise line.
- Minimum of one (1) year in business.
- Registered to conduct business in DC, MD or VA.
- Current and former members in the last three (3) years are not eligible.
- Must comply with terms and conditions.
Meet the 2023 DEI Business Fellows:
- The District Pit
- Chip Dizard Photography
- Wine Key Experience
- The Documentist Photography
- The Collective
- Flowers by Alexes
- Professional Image LLC
- Concept Creative Group
- White House Nannies
- Perfect Planning Events
- Get Plated Catering
- Events by Chalk
- LA Executive Services
- Sofull Catering LLC
- Open Door Concept
- The Boards LLC
- Art Museum of the Americas
- Zenith Gallery
- Sixth & I
- Here’s the Scoop
- Fresh Food Factory
- Donna Faye’s Bakery
- Georgetown Seafood
- DCity Smokehouse
- Lost Generation Brewing Co.
- Sip & Develop
- Steadfast Supply
- Anacostia Playhouse
- Shop Made in DC
- Black on Broadway in Washington DC
- Eckington Hall
View all (past and present) DEI business fellows here.