For more information please contact andrea.williams [at] destinationdc.com (Andrea Williams), Member Events & Publications Manager, (202) 789-7074.
Upcoming Events & Deadlines:
- IPW 2017 Member Informational Webinar - October 26, 2016
- Destination: Connecticut Avenue - November 1, 2016
- November Member Forum - November 2, 2016
- Monthly Member Extranet Training Webinar - November 9, 2016
- Save the Date: 2017 Destination DC Annual Open House - February 22, 2017
Did you know that US Travel’s annual IPW conference is the travel industry’s premier international marketplace, and the largest generator of travel to the US?
From June 3 – 7, 2017, Washington DC will host IPW for the first time. Bringing to our city
- 1,500 international travel buyers
- 4,500 suppliers
- 500 international media representatives
Within three years, IPW is expected to bring 1 million additional new international visitors and $1.7 billion in additional spending to our city.
Join Destination DC’s webinar to learn
- What is IPW
- How Washington DC will put on the best IPW ever
- Why your business should get involved
You’ll hear from
- Claire Carlin, VP Partnerships & Alliances
- Theresa Belpulsi, VP Tourism & Visitor Services
Wednesday, October 26
10:00 – 10:45 am
Last year, business travelers to Washington, DC spent nearly $4.5 billion in our city.
Destination DC, our city's official destination marketing organization, promotes the Connecticut Avenue Collection - the Marriott Wardman Park, Omni Shoreham and Washington Hilton - as an alternative to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and surrounding downtown hotels for meetings and events.
Vibrant shops, restaurants and amenities are vital to help promote the Connecticut Avenue Collection as a competitive location for both business and leisure travelers.
Join us to learn:
- The state of travel and tourism in Washington, DC
- What, where and why Connecticut Avenue
- Membership Benefits available to businesses like yours who join Destination DC
Who should attend:
- Restaurants, retailers and related businesses located near Connecticut Avenue
- Decision makers for your company who are interested in taking advantage of the opportunities in the meetings, travel and tourism industry
Tuesday, November 1, 2016
3:00pm - 5:00pm
Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Madison Room - Mezzanine Level
2660 Woodley Rd. NW
Washington, DC 20008
Get “LinkedIn” to DC’s hospitality industry!
With over 450 million registered members, LinkedIn is the world’s largest online professional network.
Much more than job-hunting, LinkedIn’s business development tools help professionals network, prospect, research and promote individual and organizational brands.
You’ll hear from:
Wednesday, November 2
8:30am – 10:30am
U.S. Navy Memorial, Burke Theater
701 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20004
Destination DC’s Member Extranet is where you control your account listings, photos, deals, events calendar, contacts and respond to leads. It’s important that your team understand how the extranet works and how to put it to work for your business.
Join our new monthly Member Extranet training webinar. The Destination DC membership team will provide useful tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the member extranet and maximize your membership.
This webinar series will be held each second Wednesday of the month from 2-3pm.
2016 dates include: November 9 & December 14
Register for a future webinar. Remember to specify your preferred date in the drop down bar.
Join the Destination DC team in our offices for a day of member appreciation, networking and fun!
This is an opportunity to meet with each department, see what's ahead in 2017, and have your questions answered by Destination DC staff. An invitation will be sent in January.
Destination DC events are a benefit of your membership. All employees of member organizations are welcome to come learn, network, and socialize. Most (but not all) are free of charge.
Regular Destination DC member events include
Monthly Educational Forums
Power Hour and Business Exchange social and networking parties
Annual Marketing Outlook Meeting (August) – annual membership meeting, travel and tourism forecast is shared
Global Marketplace (September) – how to work with international visitors
Ask Me About DC (January/February) – engage and welcome Capitol Hill staff
To benefit the American Experience Foundation
Member Volleyball Tournament (February)
- July 4th Celebration