You are here
Spring in DC Sweepstakes Official Rules
SPONSORED BY DESTINATION DC (“SWEEPSTAKES”)
- Eligibility: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve chances of winning. Open to residents of all U.S. states, excluding Hawaii and Alaska, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees and immediate family and household members of employees of Destination DC (collectively, the “Sponsor”) and Sponsors’ affiliates are NOT eligible to enter. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- How to Enter: Follow all instructions in these Official Rules; otherwise entry may be disqualified. Enter by visiting http://www.washington.org, and submitting the required information, plus any additional information the individual wishes to gain more entries. There is no limit to the number of entries each person may receive. All entries must be received between 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on March 8, 2018 and 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on April 8, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). Entry will not be returned or acknowledged. Entries made through the internet are deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at the time of entry. Entrants must fully complete and submit all required data online to be eligible; incomplete entries are null and void. Sponsors’ administrator's server/computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Selection of Winners and Odds of Winning: A drawing will determine a winner at the conclusion of this sweepstakes. One qualified Entrant (“Winner A”) will be selected and gifted Prize A by random drawing held on April 10, 2018. Odds of winning depend on total number of qualified entries received. Winner A will be notified by email on the day of the drawing. An alternate winner (“Winner B”) will be selected at random if Winner A fails to respond to Sponsor’s notification with 7 days of first notification, if notification is returned as undeliverable, if Prize is unclaimed after the seventh (7th) day following the first (1st) attempted notification. If Sponsors are unable to notify either Winner A or Winner B as set forth herein, Sponsors may, at their sole discretion, choose to end the Sweepstakes with no winner.
Spring in DC: One qualified Winner will receive the following Spring in DC Prize Package: (the “Prize”), the total estimated value of up to $1,130 (one thousand, one hundred, thirty dollars and 00/100) and which will include the following:
- Hotel Accommodations: Two (2) nights of hotel accommodations Fri/Sat Stay, wo-night weekend stay (Fri/Sat) in a Cityview King or Queen Queen, June 3-5 are blackout dates, expires 9/9/18 (one room/double occupancy) and Cicchetti for two (2) in Urbana Restaurant, expires 9/9/18 at Kimpton Hotel Palomar DC, located at 2121 P Street NW, Washington, DC 20037. Hotel accommodations include room rate and tax and are based upon availability, blackout dates and at the sole discretion of the host hotel. (estimated value $630);
- Masa 14: Bottomless dinner for up to four (4) guests (value $180);
- theatreWashington: Two (2) tickets to a performance from a selection of 6 area theaters. Tickets subject to availability and schedule of participating theaters. (value $220);
- One(1) $100 cash gift card. Offer expires December 31st, 2018.
Hotel offer subject to availability and apply only to new reservations at Kimpton Hotel Palomar. Stay must be activated by September 9th, 2018. Additional restrictions and blackout dates apply. If Winner A or B is unavailable for travel on the designated date(s), then Winner A and B will be disqualified and Sponsor reserve the right to select another winner in its sole discretion and if time permits. Hotel Certificate is required to book travel. Hotel Certificate must be surrendered upon check- in. Proper proof of identification is required. This certificate is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-negotiable and may not be used in conjunction with any other discount, promotion or offer or redeemed for cash. A traveling minor must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to hotel stay and all prize- related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and guest are responsible for all necessary travel authorizations and for any travel insurance.
Approximate Retail Value Prize package is $1,130 (one thousand, one hundred and thirty dollars and 00/100). Final value of the Prize will be determined by winner’s selected travel dates and location.
Winner A or B will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. Meals and beverages, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, travel insurance, travel taxes, and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsors may substitute any portion of these prizes, including travel date and destination, for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsors will determine all elements of prizing in their sole discretion. Details of the prize may change, based on availability. Prize may not be assigned, transferred, exchanged, or redeemed for cash. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee express or implied. Sponsors disclaim all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third-party product or service accepted by the winners. Entrants understand that Sponsors are not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this promotion and acceptance, possession and use of Prize. Prize may not be redeemed for cash. Any portion of the Prize not used will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and agree that if Winner fails to provide proof of identity, is found to have violated the Official Rules, or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Entrants understand that Sponsors are not liable for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from participation in this promotion and acceptance, possession, and use of prize.
Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prizes. Decisions of Sponsors are final and binding in all respects.
5. Conditions of Entry:
- Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
- Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use Winner’s, name, hometown, voice, likeness, photograph, and any statements regarding the Sweepstakes for editorial, public relations, promotional, and advertising purposes, without compensation. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to verify any element of any information submitted by Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant whose participation may subject the Sweepstakes, Sponsors, or Sponsors’ advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, or ridicule.
- Sponsors and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and agents assume no responsibility for lost, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, altered, or illegible entries. No duplicated entries will be accepted. Conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Entries and the information contained therein become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
6. Privacy/Publicity/Eligibility Releases:
By entering and providing the required entry information, Entrants acknowledge that, unless they opt out, the Sponsors may send them information, samples, or special offers Sponsors thinks may be of interest to Entrant or other complementary goods offered by the Sponsors or other companies the Sponsors may carefully select.
Entrants agree that Sponsors have the right, at their discretion, to combine any of the materials they supply pursuant to the Sweepstakes with other material available to Sponsors.
Entrants further agree that they do not have any right of approval, claim to compensation, or benefits claim, including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity arising out of any use of names or biographical and/or corporate information.
By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants release Sponsors and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, shareholders, officers, and employees from any liability arising from or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, any and all claims, expenses, demands, or liabilities arising out of or in connection with the participation of the Entrant in the Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse of the Prize, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity.
8. Dispute Resolution:
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to the following: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsors and their agents will be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the Prizes, will be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the District of Columbia and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for (and hereby waives all rights to claim) punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. Winner’s Name:
For the name of Winner A, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Destination DC, ATTN: #Spring Time in DC, 901 7th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20001. Request must be received no later than 60 days from the Winner selection date described in paragraph 3.