You are here
University of Maryland College Park
The University of Maryland is home of the Terps—inspiring, involved and intrepid Terps from across the state and around the globe. We’re one of the nation’s top-ranked public research institutions, with a whopping 90+ undergraduate majors. And we have an unbeatable location just outside Washington, DC Want to be a Terp? We’d love to have you!
- Availability: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m., 10 a.m. or 12 p.m. Tours are not offered during the months of January, May or December.
- Maximum Capacity: Varies upon day
- Admission Workshop: Provide a 45-minute sit down with a UMD admissions representative before the 75-minute tour of the campus upon request.
- Group Tour Request Form: Registration for summer groups opens in early June at admissions.umd.edu/explore/groupvisits.php
- Contact: ApplyMaryland [at] umd.edu, 1-800-422-5867
- Multi-Track Diplomacy Workshop: This course aims to develop the concepts and professional skills needed to facilitate the transformation of societal conflict. Meets June 20-July 10, 2016 on Tuesday and Thursday from 6 p.m. - 9:20 p.m. Housing and meals not included.
- Maryland English Institue (MEI): offered to students at UMD Fewer than 100 students are admied every semester so that teachers can work personally with students and the instituate is located a couple of miles from the capitol.
- Terps Young Scholars: July 10-29, 2016. Terp Young Scholars invites high school students to an outstanding pre-college experience. During three unforgeable weeks, students willl: Pursue academic interests and discover career opportunities, study with exceptional faculty in a stimulating environment, engage in creative problem solving with equally talented peers, earn three university credits, and discover the independence of college life.
- Summer Session: The University of Maryland offers a variety of 3-week summer classes. Term dates and qualifications vary. Each student must be accepted as a Summer Session student to register. A list of offerings can be found at www.oes.umd.edu/summer-term.
- Contact: summer [at] umd.edu, (301) 405-7762
The University of Maryland fosters innovative international collaborations in the form of degree programs, research projects, student and faculty visitor and exchange programs, short-term training and more.Talk to us about your specific needs—we will design a program just for you.
- Robert H. Smith School of Business: Contact: Samantha James, sjames [at] rhsmith.umd.edu, (301) 405-1934
- College of Behavioral and Social Sciences: Contact: Mengxue Li, oiep [at] umd.edu, (301) 405-8443