African American Heritage Tour of Washington DC
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
This tour allows guests to explore African American heritage and culture which has played a major part in the development of the DC area. The tour guide will discuss history going back to the times of slavery along with the more modern aspects of African American Heritage. This private tour will visit the area known as Black Broadway - the U-street Corridor where guests will learn the history and challenges this area once faced.
Guests will also see some of the most well known monuments and memorials related to the American Civil Rights Movement such as the Martin Luther King Memorial, The African American Civil War Memorial as well as the Lincoln Memorial. The tour will also allow for a walk to the Howard University Campus where the current Vice President, Kamala Harris, once attended.
• Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
• Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
• Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of DC Metropolitan area)
• Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included)
• 24-hour support phone number
• The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule during the daytime.
• We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
• This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
• Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
• The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel door step, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time cost.
• 4-hours with a private vehicle and tour guide.
• This private tour will start at U Street, which at one time was the heart of Black culture in America and has now become a hot spot for nightlife. Guests will learn of the significance of the U Street corridor and will see the African American Civil War Memorial plus a visit to the African American Civil War Museum. Guests will also visit the Howard University Campus which is a federally charted historically black research University. Here they will learn about the great impact that this institution has had on the African American community. Visits will also be made to see the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial as well as the Lincoln Memorial which are both vital to African American History.
• The order in which attractions are seen may slightly vary and are at the guide's discretion.
• All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
• Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
• We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.