Treasures of America
Start Time: Flexible - Museum hours may vary
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
The Smithsonian Institution is the world's largest museum, education, and research complex, with 19 world-class museums in DC plus the National Zoo. With so many, how do you decide which to visit In our opinion, the two most unique are the Air and Space Museum and the American History Museum. Both are immense so let our guide walk you through and show you the highlights. In the Air and Space Museum, you'll see the 1903 Wright Flyer, Spirit of St. Louis, Apollo 11 command module while at the American History Museum you'll gaze upon the Star-Spangled Banner and George Washington's Uniform. We recommend guests choose two locations to visit and explore from this list of Smithsonian Museums:
*National Museum of American History
*National Air and Space Museum
*American Indian Museum
*Freer Gallery of Art
*Hirschhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
*National Museum of Natural History
*National Portrait Gallery
*African American Museum (Timed entry pass required)
*African Art Museum
*Smithsonian American Art Museum
*National Zoo (Timed entry pass required, additional cost for transportation)
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Guide's gratuity is not included
- 24-hour support phone number
- We recommend a morning start time to beat the crowds at major sites. Museum hours do vary with the majority open from 10am to 5:30pm.
- We recommend a morning start time to beat the crowds. Museum hours are 10:00am to 5:30pm.
- This tour is offered year-round 7 days per week, however, not every museum is open every day.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule.
- The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time cost.
_ Depending on where guests choose to start the tour and/or if they choose to visit the National Zoo, additional cost for MetroCard or transportation may be applicable.
- 4-hours with a private tour guide.
- Our guide will meet the guests at the requested starting point. Itinerary will depend on the museums guests choose to visit. Typically, the guide will escort guests through the main exhibitions and give a tour. In the event touring inside the museum is not possible, our guide will give the overview on the steps of the museum (or other appropriate place) and then guide the guests to main exhibits where they will explore on their own. The guide will stand by and answer any potential questions. Upon conclusion of the first museum the guide will escort the group to the second museum.
- Along the way guests may also see: The exterior of other museums on the mall as well as the botanical garden, the Washington Monument, carousel and more.
See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.