Day Trip to Gettysburg
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
The Battle of Gettysburg was a turning point in the Civil War, the Union victory that ended General Robert E. Lee's second and most ambitious invasion of the North. Often referred to as the High Water Mark of the Rebellion, Gettysburg was the Civil War's bloodiest battle and was also the inspiration for President Abraham Lincoln's immortal Gettysburg Address.
After just a short two-hour drive from Washington D.C., in the comfort of a luxury vehicle, you will arrive in Gettysburg where your first stop will be at the Museum Visitor Center that will set the stage for your Gettysburg visit with the Film, Cyclorama and Museum Experience (ticket price included in this package). You will see the Morgan Freeman-narrated film A New Birth of Freedom. After the film, you will feel the fury and sense the battle all around you in the light and sound show of the Cyclorama painting platform that immerses visitors in the fighting of Pickett's Charge and describes the history of the painting and battle. Afterwards, you will spend some time exploring the Museum that houses interactive and multimedia exhibits, short films, artifacts, and information about the Civil War and Battle of Gettysburg. After a stop for lunch (cost of lunch not included but we can make restaurant recommendations), your morning experience will have prepared you for your private 2-hour tour of the battlefield with your licensed battlefield guide where you will be provided with an informative, engaging and enlightening perspective of the battle, the people, the monuments and landmarks.
• Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
• English speaking licensed battlefield tour guide for the 2-hour battlefield tour
• Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of DC Metropolitan area)
• Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included)
• 24-hour support phone number
• The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule during the daytime.
• We recommend a start time of 8am as it is a 10-hour program.
• This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
• Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
• The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel door step, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time cost.
• 10-hour tour with private vehicle and guide (private guide during 2-hour tour).
• Upon departure from DC, guests will enjoy an approx. 1.5 -2-hour comfortable car ride to Gettysburg. Once in Gettysburg, they will learn about the Civil War, the importance of Gettysburg and the Battle of Gettysburg. Guests will visit the Museum Visitor Center where they will see A Birth of New Freedom Film, the Cyclorama painting and the Museum with artifacts and exhibits about the Civil War and Gettysburg. After lunch (cost of lunch not included), they will be met by their tour guide for their 2-hour private tour where they will see the monuments, hear stories as they cross the battlefield, and learn more about this important moment in American history. (The order in which attractions are visited are subject to change and at guide's discretion).
• Along the way you will see DC sights and beautiful Pennsylvania scenery.
• All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
• Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
• We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
300 Park Ave.
New York, NY 10022