George Washington's Mount Vernon
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Mount Vernon, the historic home of America's first president, George Washington, is an American landmark and an enduring tribute to the Father of Our Country. One of the nation's most beloved historic sites, Mount Vernon offers a glimpse into 18th-century plantation life through its beautiful gardens and grounds, intriguing museum exhibits, and immersive programs honoring George Washington's life and legacy. Highlights of this tour include a tour of the gardens and historic grounds and the Museum and Mansion Tour (Museum and Mansion not private).
Please note that the drive from Washington DC to Mt Vernon exceeds an hour roundtrip with traffic and is included in the five hours. You will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours at Mount Vernon. Additional time available; see upgrades below.
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of the D.C. Metropolitan area)
- Mount Vernon admission to estate, grounds, Museum and Mansion
- Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included)
- 24-hour support phone number
- The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. George Washington's Mount Vernon is open daily 9:00am-4:00pm (Open until 5:00pm, April through October).
- We recommend a start time of 11am or later as the mornings are typically reserved for student groups from March to June.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Should guests have an interest in visiting George Washington's Distillery Gristmill, please note they are only open Saturdays and Sundays, April through October.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of the DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time cost.
- 5-hours with a private vehicle and tour guide.
- This tour will teach guests all there is to know about George Washington and his life. Guests will tour the stunning gardens and historic grounds and learn about his estate and the events that took place there. They will also get to see George Washington's tomb, the farm, and the historic area. During the visit guests will also tour the Mansion (subject to availability) and have an opportunity to visit the Museum/Education Center with several exhibits showing more history and the life of the father of our nation. (Please note that the Mansion and Museum tours are not private). The order in which attractions are visited are subject to change and at guide's discretion.
- Along the way you may also see other DC sights such as Monuments etc. on the way in and/or out of Mount Vernon. Additionally, as you drive through Alexandria, your guide will provide a brief history of this city along the Potomac River. (A more in-depth tour of Old Town Alexandria is available if adding more time to this tour).
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on weather walking conditions.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.