Georgetown Embassy Row Private Sightseeing Program
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Georgetown is the oldest section of Washington, DC. Originally an independent city founded in 1751, it has since been incorporated into Washington. Renowned for its Federal-style architecture, Georgetown is a thriving shopping, residential and entertainment area. Driving through Georgetown, you will see glimpses of such famous homes as Tudor Place, Dumbarton House, the Old Stone House, Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and its gardens. You also will visit the homes that John and Jackie Kennedy resided in before his Presidency and will take a stroll along some of the quaint streets of Georgetown with your local guide, where you can even attempt to walk up and down the Exorcist Steps. After visiting Georgetown, your guide will take you down Washington's Embassy Row (Massachusetts Avenue, NW) and point out some notable embassies.
• Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
• Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
• Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of DC Metropolitan area)
• Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included)
• 24-hour support phone number
• The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule.
• We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
• This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
• Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
• The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel door step, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time cost.
• 3-hours with a private vehicle and tour guide.
• Along with a private guide guests will explore Georgetown and its hidden gems. This tour will take guests past Dumbarton House which is the national headquarters of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America. Dumbarton House promotes the historic preservation of the early history of this nation so that the life and ideals of early Americans can inspire current and future generations. Guests will also get to see the gardens at Dumbarton Oaks which has been described as the Secret Garden of manicured greenery, winding little paths and classical fountains. Guests will also get a glimpse of the historic Tudor Place which is a historic landmark and has been a fixture in DC since 1816 that served as a home to descendants of Martha Washington for six generations. Next stop will be the Old Stone House in Georgetown which is the oldest unchanged building in Washington DC dating back to 1765. From there, guests will travel down Massachusetts Avenue, also referred to as Embassy Row, where they will take in the sights of these impressive buildings (Any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included).
• Along the way you may also see: The Georgetown Waterfront, the historic Chesapeake Ohio Canal, famous sites for the Presidential couple John and Jacqueline Kennedy, the church at which they worshipped or Martins' Tavern where JFK proposed (Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
• The order in which the sites are visited may vary and it at guide's discretion.
• All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
• Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
• We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.