Washington D.C.'s Circle of Power
Duration: Up to 4-hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
The executive, legislature and judicial branches are all within the boundaries of Washington, DC. From your vantage point on Pennsylvania Ave, you will see the exterior of the north side of the White House where your guide will discuss the long history of the Executive Mansion. You will visit the Capitol Building, home to the United States Congress, for an official tour that will include a short film, Out of Many, One, about representative democracy and its creation. You will see the Crypt, the Rotunda (dome interior), and National Statuary Hall and hear some surprising secrets about the building. You will also see the Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress. This building is a masterpiece of art and architecture but the jewel in its crown is the view from the overlook into the stunning main reading room. It is also home to a handwritten copy of the Bible from 1450 and rare books from Thomas Jefferson's collection. Your final stop is the Supreme Court, America's Temple of Justice, where you will learn about the judicial functions of the Supreme Court, the responsibilities of the judges, and their remarkable stories.
(Note: Interior tours of the White House and US Capitol can only be reserved through guests' Senators, Members of Congress, or Embassy offices. If access inside is not available for reasons out of our control, guests will learn about the buildings from the exterior).
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of DC Metropolitan area)
- Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included)
- 24-hour support phone number
- The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule during Government daytime hours.
- We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round, except for Sundays and major Holidays. Please also note that the Library of Congress is closed on Mondays. There may also be some restrictions on access for tours held on Saturdays.
- Additional restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking.
- Pick up or drop off locations outside of DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time cost.
- 4-hours with a private vehicle and tour guide.
- This tour will first take guests to see the White House where they will tour the exterior and learn about the function of the mansion as a residence as well as the West Wing. From the vantage point on Pennsylvania Avenue guests will get a great view of the north side. From here the tour will take guests down to the US Capitol Building where they will learn about the function of the US Congress, see a short film, followed by the Crypt, the Rotunda (dome interior) and the National Statuary Hall. From there, guests will head over to the Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress where they get to learn about the architecture and overlook the main reading room. The final stop on the tour will be the Supreme Court where the guide will talk about the judicial functions and responsibilities of the court. (Any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included). The order in which attractions are visited are subject to change and at guide's discretion. If access inside is not available for reasons out of our control, guests will learn about the buildings from the exterior.
- Along the way you may also see: The Washington Monument, some of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall, National Gallery of Art, Constitution Avenue and more!
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.