Washington DC by Land Sea
Duration: 7 to 8-hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy/Moderate
An active adventure to see the best of DC both by land and from the water. This intimate experience with the best private guides in DC gives you a chance to get up close to the sights of Washington DC and then relax from your private boat to soak up the sun and views from the water. Your private bicycle tour guide will meet you in your hotel lobby and guide you on a 4-hour bike ride around Washington DC. You will end the tour near the water where you can have lunch (cost of lunch not included) before you meet your private U.S. Coast Guide Licensed Captain/Tour Guide for your 90-minute tour on the tidal Potomac River where you will see even more sights, key memorials and the beautiful shoreline.
• Rental of comfortable Citi bike, helmets, water and snacks
• Four hours with private expert bike guide; experience the city and receive local tips
• Deluxe private Sport boat experience for 90-minutes with licensed U.S. Coast Guard Captain/Tour Guide including soft drinks, bottled water and ice
• Boat Captain's gratuity is included
• Bike tour guide's gratuity is not included
• Door to door service and flexible timing - bike guide will meet guests at their hotel (Transportation back to hotel from the dock/pier after the boat tour is not included but can be added for an additional cost)
• 24-hour support phone number
Important Information for guests traveling with young children:
• Adults and teens can enjoy riding appropriately sized bicycles while smaller children can either ride kids' bikes or be chauffeured safely by the DC Cycling Concierge in his custom family bike (ages 4 months to 9-year-olds) and/or tag-along (ages 3 to 10-year-olds). The family bike and tag- along gives parents ease-of-mind about safety and predictability. And, if their kids get tired, they can coast on the tag-alongs or even sleep in the family bike.
• This experience cannot exceed 6 guests due to the capacity of the boat. If you have larger parties, contact us for a custom quote with multiple bike tour guides and speed boats.
• Sunset, fireworks, or Cherry Blossom seasonal bookings are also available (rates may increase).
• The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule.
• We recommend a start time of 8:00am or 9:00am as it's a full day tour.
• This tour is seasonal operation from April - November, 7-days a week.
• Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour, such as Holiday weekends and Fourth of July celebrations.
• The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel door step, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking (within the Washington DC area). Transportation back to the hotel after the tour is not included.
• 4-hours with rental bike and private bike tour guide.
• The bike tour will take guests past the White House and the Washington Monument to the World War II Memorial, past the Reflecting Pool over to the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. From there guests will head over to the impressive Lincoln Memorial then on to the Korean War Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial and finally the stunning Jefferson Memorial. Guests will learn about the Monuments and Memorials and their significance. The order at which attractions are visited may vary. The number of attractions visited may also differ depending on how long guests want to stay at each site. Final itinerary is at guide's discretion. The tour will end in either Georgetown or the Wharf where guests will get a break for lunch (cost of lunch is not included).
• After lunch, guests will board their private Sport Boat for a 90-minute tour on the Potomac. Guests can choose to depart from either the Georgetown Dock or Cove Pier in the Wharf. If departing from the Wharf, guests will travel down Washington Channel and up the Potomac River to Georgetown or the reversed way if they choose to leave from Georgetown. The tour will allow guests to see some of the most famous Monuments Memorials from a different vantage point.
• Along the way you will see: the Watergate Complex, Kennedy Center, Memorial Bridge, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Columbia Island, Pentagon, Washington Monument, President's Marine One Helicopter operations, White House Communications Building, National War College, beautiful homes on the water of top Army Generals, Titanic Memorial, top boat marinas in Wharf Complex and the oldest continuous fish market in the country.
• Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations.
• All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
• Gratuity for the bike tour guide is not included; Gratuity is included for the US Coast Guide Captain/Tour Guide.
• We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.