Monuments by Night Bike Tour
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy/Moderate
DC's iconic monuments become even more inspiring when the white marble is illuminated in contrast to the night sky. With fewer tourists and little traffic, you can revel in the monuments' peaceful and calming essence. This private bike ride can be customized to see your favorite monuments.
Your private bike guide will meet you at your hotel, review a recommended route with the best night sights and customize your bicycle ride to see additional sights you want to visit. Favorites sights to see at night include the White House, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, DC WWI Memorial, and the WWII Memorial. Based on your interests, your guide can also take you to the FDR Presidential Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean Veterans Memorial, Smithsonian Castle, Capitol Building, Library of Congress or Supreme Court. Your guide will provide you with brand new premium water bottles, snacks and lights and is able to carry some (if not all) of your gear.
• Rental of comfortable bicycles and helmets with lights, water and snacks provided
• Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
• Door to door service and flexible timing - guide will meet the guests at a Washington area hotel
• Guide's gratuity not included
• Bike tour guide's gratuity is not included
• 24-hour support phone number
Important Information for Guests Traveling with Children:
Adults and teens can enjoy riding appropriately sized bicycles while smaller children can either ride kids' bikes or be chauffeured safely by the DC Cycling Concierge in his custom family bike (ages 4 months to 9-year-olds) and/or tag-along (ages 3 to 10-year-olds). The family bike and tag along, gives parents of little ones some major peace-of-mind about safety and predictability. And if their kids get tired, they can coast on the tag-alongs or even sleep in the family bike.
• The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule.
• We recommend a start time by or just before dusk.
• This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
• Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
• Sunset, fireworks, or Cherry Blossom seasonal bookings are also available (rates may increase).
• The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel door step, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking.
• 4-hours with a private bike tour with rental bike and guide.
• The tour will take guests past the White House, and the Washington Monument to the World War II Memorial, pass the Reflecting Pool over to the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. From there guests will head over to the impressive Lincoln Memorial then on to the Korean War Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial and finally the stunning Jefferson Memorial. The guide will teach guests about the Monuments and Memorials and their significance.
• The order at which attractions are visited may vary. The number of attractions visited may also differ depending on how long guests stay at each site as well as where they are starting from. Final itinerary is at guide's discretion.
• Along the way you may also see: National Mall with the Smithsonian Museums, The Capitol Building, Tidal Basin, Cherry Trees (depending on season)
• Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations.
• All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
• Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
• We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.