American University creates meaningful change in the world. With highly ranked schools and colleges and internationally recognized faculty, AU offers a balance between class time and career-advancing experience in Washington, DC, and beyond. Its students, among the country’s most politically active, distinguish themselves for their service, leadership, and ability to rethink global and domestic challenges and opportunities.
- Availability: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Maximum Capacity: 50 people per group
- Admission Workshop: Information session is presented by one of the admission professionals before a campus tour.
- Group Tour Request Form
- Contact: ad[email protected], 1-202-885-6000
- Community of Scholars Program: allows high school students to take a 3-credit course that blends a week of online learning with two weeks of traditional on-campus classes. The program introduces students to the advancing fields of U.S. foreign policy, international conflict resolution, and global environmental politics.
- Discover the World of Communication: Open to all high school students. Activities, guest speakers, events, and field trips occur regularly throughout the summer.
- Kogod Summer Institute: This program provides high school seniors with a one-week experience focused on business and entertainment or business and sports. Students will have the opportunity to network with professionals at site visits in the Washington, DC region.
- English as Second Language: 8 week summer program. Classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 40 contact hours. $595 for class only. Housing and meals not included.
- Contact: Matthew Tister, [email protected], (202) 885-1320
Summer institutes are offered in: Arts and Sciences, Communication, International Service, Public Affairs, Professional and Extended Studies, and Law. Contact: Matthew Tister, [email protected], (202) 885-1320