Long known as "The Black Broadway", the U Street Corridor is awash in sound & color.
Long known as "The Black Broadway", the U Street Corridor is awash in sound & color. The stunning murals which decorate this busy DC thoroughfare tell the story of the city's musical history. From jazz to Go-Go, rock&roll to r&b, soul to gospel, this tour has it all.
This immersive walk into U Street's African American musical saga, combines some of the finest street art in the country with timeless music and storytelling.
This small group tour include's our signature Sensory Supplements. Delve a little deeper, engage in active learning, and create truly memorable experiences!
- Meeting Point: Front of the Howard Theatre, 620 T St. NW
- Duration: Approximately 2.5 Hours
- Starting Time: 10AM, 1PM (Runs Daily)
- Includes: Tour Guide, Sensory Supplements
- Highlights: Ben's Chili Bowl, Duke Ellington Statue, Howard Theater, Lincoln Theater, Marvin Gaye Mural, Paul Robeson Mural