You are here
Find out what's happening in the Washington, DC tourism & hospitality industry
Allison Johnson is DDC’s new convention sales assistant. Allison is a graduate of the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.
Qingsi Li joined DDC as its new executive sales coordinator. Qingsi graduated from Macau University of Science and Technology in Macau, China with a degree in international tourism management.
Nizam Ali, general manager of Ben’s Chili Bowl, is now the chair of DDC’s board of directors. In addition, DDC welcomed the following individuals to its board:
- Michael Black, general manager of operations, Uber (DC, MD, VA, WV)
- Matt Felix, general manager of Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
- Charles Hill, general manager of Embassy Suites by Hilton, Washington DC Convention Center
- Adrian F. Radder, general manager of Mandarin Oriental, Washington, DC
- Stacy Smith, general manager of Hyatt Place Washington, DC/National Mall
- Paul J. Cohn, chairman of the O Street Museum, was reappointed to the DDC board of directors by the council of the District of Columbia
Carleigh Dworetzky, convention strategy manager at DDC, was recently named one of Destinations International’s 30 Under 30 for her great work in the hotel community.
Becca Cohen, conference services manager, was named one of Connect Association magazine’s 40 Under 40, recognizing her work as one of the top young professionals in the events industry.
Check out the full Destination DC Member eNews to learn more about what's going on this month.